Bring Your Own Device
The Rescue Cool School is in the process of implementing Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). The district has listened to students and their parents who shared that they would prefer students to use their own personal technology to assist with learning. Students are expected to connect to the filtered RUSD student wireless network to ensure safety and access to appropriate resources. Use of any personal device in the classroom is at the discretion of the teacher.
Today’s students are already technology leaders. They want to take the technology they use in their daily lives and make it a normal part of their classroom experience. Research tells us that if we reflect this in their learning experiences, we will increase engagement which leads to improved student success.
There is no requirement in any curricular area for students to bring their own device to support their learning or to purchase special software. RUSD will continue to provide computers and laptops for student use in the classroom.
To participate in BYOD, all students and parents must read and “Accept” the following policies using the online Aeries Parent Portal.
Tips for Success With BYOD
- Clearly label all devices and power cords with your child’s name
- Set a password or passcode on the device
- Bring devices to school fully charged and in good working order
- Students should silence devices while working in class
- Students may bring headphones to use with their devices as many digital resources have audio
- Record the serial number and model information at home
- Your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy may cover personal electronic devices
- You may be able to purchase additional insurance through the device manufacturer