Collaborative Opportunities for Online Learning
The mission of the Rescue C.O.O.L. School is to provide an innovative, rigorous digital learning environment that prepares students for the 21st century and beyond. COOL School students benefit from the flexibility that online learning provides including opportunities for acceleration, practice, enrichment and access to learning 24 hours a day from anywhere in the world.
Specific information is explained below. You may access this information by clicking on the links immediately below:
Who Should Enroll?
- Are in grades 3-8
- Wish to learn in a manner that is individualized to their own learning style and pace
- Are self-disciplined and committed
- Are independent workers
- Who love challenging, engaging curriculum
- Are comfortable with technology
- Are in home school, charter school or private school
- Are performers or elite athletes
- Would benefit from non-traditional coursework
- Are willing to work closely with instructors and parents
- Reside in El Dorado, Sacramento, Placer, Amador and Alpine counties
Characteristics of a Successful Online Learner
Description of a Learning Management System
Online coursework is delivered via a software package called a learning management system (LMS). An LMS allows instructors to manage distribution of materials, create content and assignments, and administer communications and other aspects of instruction for their courses. Features include:
- Authoring tools that make it easy for the instructor to individualize the content and differentiate the curriculum.
- Course structure that divides content into lessons and units.
- Tools that allow for synchronous (i.e., real-time) and asynchronous communication between the student and teacher.
- The ability to track the student's course activity
- Assessment tools and automatic grading capability
Information on Odysseyware
Odysseyware is a Learning Management System (LMS) and a provider of eLearning solutions for schools. Rescue Union School District has partnered with Odysseyware to provide our COOL School students access to the curriculum through the Odysseyware LMS. For more information, go to the Odysseyware website here ...
El Dorado County home study online virtual school independent study alternative Full-time, tuition free online public schooling individualized dedicated, certificated teacher core courses electives Rescue Union School District K-8 Placer County Sacramento County Amador County Alpine County blended learning California State Standards Common Core Standards personalized learning plan El Dorado Hills socialization collaboration field trips